How to Become Your Confident Self
Disclaimer: This contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you through my links, if you decide to make a purchase. Read my policy for more information.
We all want to feel better about ourselves, and building lasting self-confidence is a great way to do that.
It’s not always easy though. There are many things that go into building confidence.
In this confident boosting blog post we’ll discuss how you can integrate these tips into your daily routine so you can start feeling better about yourself, today.
Pro Tip 1:
One of the most important things you can do to feel more confident is to focus on your strengths.
Everyone has different strengths, so it’s important to figure out what yours are and focus on them.
You can do this by taking personality tests or simply thinking about the things that make you happy.
Once you know what your strengths are, make a list of them and refer to it often. This will help remind you that you’re capable of accomplishing great things.
Pro Tip 2:
In order to feel more confident, it’s important to practice positive thinking.
When something bad happens, don’t dwell on it.
Your Balancing Thought should be something that helps you to feel more positive about yourself in the situation. If it doesn’t have that effect, then try to create a different one! Your Balancing Thought should be reasonable. This exercise is not about pretending you’re something you’re not, it’s about modifying the extent of your negative perception of yourself in a realistic way, and creating balance and proportion in your evaluation of yourself and your actions.
You can download the worksheet which will help you to re-programme your thinking into more positive outcomes.
When you think more positively, you feel more confident!
Pro Tip 3:
It’s also important to have a good mindset when it comes to building confidence.
Believe in yourself and your abilities. Think that you can do anything you set your mind to.
If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will either.
Start by changing the way you talk to yourself, in your head and aloud. This is the start of how affirmations help you to hear positive actions that have already come true so you begin to believe they are true after hearing them over and over.
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that you say to yourself in order to build your self-confidence and inner strength.
They should be said with full intensity and conviction, just like if they were true…. In fact – make them true! The tips below will help you to create affirmations based on what you wish to achieve in your life.
- Look in the mirror and write down your honest opinions about yourself.
- Now tell yourself your goals outload
- Start with either three goals about the same subject or one goal about different parts of your life
- Write your goals down as if you have already achieved them
I am confident in myself and my abilities.
I can do anything I set my mind to.
I accept myself for who I am.
My confidence is growing every day.
Pro Tip 4:
One of the best ways to feel more confident is to be consistent.
If you only do things sporadically, it will be difficult to see any changes in your confidence level.
- Make a plan and stick to it.
- Dedicate time each day or week to working on your confidence.
- Have the right mindset
- Use your daily affirmations
- Use positive thinking techniques e.g. Creating Balancing Thoughts Worksheet
- Be patient with yourself – Learning new skills takes time. You have created these thoughts over many years and through many different experiences. Do not be surprised if it takes longer than you think.
I guarantee you it will become easier to build lasting confidence the more you work on your mindset and you are consistent with working on yourself.
Pro Tip 5:
Choose a confidence building activity:
- Reading an inspiring book – This should be something that you feel you want to get better at.
Below are some of my top 2 books that have really helped support my mindset in different ways.
- Good Vibes Good Life – Vex King
Great book, easy read. It’s positive and links to his free motivating workshops.
- Eat That Frog! – Brian Tracy
This book is great for getting you motivated, whether you are putting off going to the gym or doing that training course. It has easy action steps throughout the book.
- Exercising – This increases the happy hormones in your body. Exercising supports your brain to think more clearly, focus more which increases your productivity and sparks creativity.
- Confidence Poses – Practice for five minutes a day, the Confident Poses and watch yourself feel more confident.
When you can accept your current level of confidence, it will help to build on that.
Start building self-confidence today by following these tips. You’ll be feeling better about yourself in no time!